©2017 Steele County Historical Society

  • Facebook - Grey Circle

301 Steele Ave 

Hope, ND 58046

E-mail: steelecomuseum@gmail.com

Phone: 701-945-2394

Contact Us

As the pioneers of our present community moved into our fair land, they were not unmindful, that “man does not live by bread alone,” they knew they must have a place to hear the word of God and receive the Sacraments, so they had to have a congregation, Church and Pastor and with the will and courage to do so they set out to organize the St. Petri Evangelical Lutheran Church on April 5, 1893.

The charter members were: George Gilbertson, M. Amundson, K. E. Sund, M. K. Sund, Anton Gilbertson and Peter Rye.

St. Petri Church

Circa 1893